Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Warning

Hello,

Bought a FORFOUR for my daughter last year and want the car to be serviced by our local Mitsubishi dealer, oil change, etc..... Has 10.000 Km's and wonder how to switch off the service warning bulb !!!!!

Engine is similar to the New Colt Mitsubishi, that's why

Is there anybody who will be so kind to reveal the reset procedure ?????
    Think Mercedes/smart is charging € 25 for resetting the system !!!

Thanks - Yvanhoe

Re: Service Warning

Have a look here....

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...&men=servicing

By the way .... to Smartmaniacs

Mike.
    Last edited by Vixen5252; 22-10-06, 10:07 PM.

Comment

But have you actually asked the Mitsubishi dealer if they will service you car ?

Reason I ask is coz my local Mitsubishi dealer is only half a mile up the road but when I spoke to them regarding servicing my forfour they said they wouldn't do it.

Comment

does that work on the forfour then?
        If you have arranged for Mitsi to service the car, surely they can switch it off, especially since a lot of the running gear is the same (depending on the model you have).

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
          But have you actually asked the Mitsubishi dealer if they will service you car ?

Reason I ask is coz my local Mitsubishi dealer is only half a mile up the road but when I spoke to them regarding servicing my forfour they said they wouldn't do it.
          Yes, They will, but only the ForFour, not the other models.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingSnake
            does that work on the forfour then?
            If you have arranged for Mitsi to service the car, surely they can switch it off, especially since a lot of the running gear is the same (depending on the model you have).
            Mitsubishi COLT doesn't have the warning system, it's a good old fashioned car !!!!!

Comment

Car serviced today, Mitsubishi dealer even put his stamp in the service booklet, what do you want more !!!!!!

Actually the most ForFOUR owners doesn't know they're driving a Mitsubishi but since they stopped producing this model in the Dutch assembly plant, it got some "publicity" and they revealed that the new COLT & the Smart ForFour are the same " engined " car.

ForFour's are cheap in Belgium and mostly sold through the " Nearly New Car " Mercedes dealers network. Have a look at http://www.NNC.be

Take care,

Yvan

Comment

It was always known they were built on the same platform at the same plant (smart even announced the fact before the car was built, the whole point was it being a joint venture)

I know that they are essentially the same car, what I was reffering to before was that even though they are the same car my local Mitsubishi dealer would not take on the task of servicing a forfour so it's always worth checking to be sure at each dealer.

Also only the petrol models are the "same engined" cars as mercedes use their own diesel engine for the forfour CDI.

Comment

Also only the petrol models are the "same engined" cars as mercedes use their own diesel engine for the forfour CDI.
                  Kaiser the engines are shared - and I believe that when DC pulled out of Nedcar that part of the compensation was that Mitsi got the petrol engine factory and DC the diesel one. They were both jointly owned I think. So a Colt diesel has a merc engine and a forfour petrol a mitsi one.

Campbell
                  sigpic
                  DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Comment

However all the Colt diesels were 95bhp, none of this detuned 68bhp nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by messerschmitt owner
                      Kaiser the engines are shared - and I believe that when DC pulled out of Nedcar that part of the compensation was that Mitsi got the petrol engine factory and DC the diesel one. They were both jointly owned I think. So a Colt diesel has a merc engine and a forfour petrol a mitsi one.

Campbell
                      Don't DC own part of Mitsubishi anyway ?

Comment

Originally posted by YVANHOE
                        ...Actually the most ForFOUR owners doesn't know they're driving a Mitsubishi...
                        Eeeeeeeh? That's obviously the wrong point of view. Actally the most Mitsu Colt owners don't know they're driving a smart. This way it looks much more friendly to me.

Don't DC own part of Mitsubishi anyway ?
                        Nope they don't do anymore. What they owned they sold in 2005 as far as I know.

Peter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X