higher mileages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• higher mileages

Anybody out there with a good few miles under your belt?
    As my Forfour 54 plate still has fairly low mileage I would be interested in the long term performance of these models.
    If you've knocked up 40,000 to 60,000 or more in one can you share your experiences please.

Re: higher mileages

Originally posted by s2trash
    Miss polkadot is on 66.000 miles, had new turbo and some oil seals etc, hers is a mk 5. She is on her second Brabus exhaust but thats because they are ****
    has miss p got a forfour

Comment

so i dident read what section this was

Comment

Mine's on 30,300 miles. We have just changed the suspension as we were lowering it but the rear springs were on their way out anyway. Rear shocks changes as one was leaking under warranty. Generally all is fine as far as wear & tear stuff, just prob with gearbox which is why it's back at Bristol yet again!

Kate

Comment

Yes gearboxes both manual and auto seem to give problems.
          Engines seem fine! My exhaust pipe is as clean as a whistle as is the oil and not a hint of a leak anywhere. I had the shocks replaced at around 8k at the two year service. I hope the replacements are to a superior spec or that's another job in a couple of years. I bought mine six months ago with 5k on the clock. It's got a great image, but is it going to be worth keeping long term? Any more input from anybody will be welcome

Comment

Mine was on 26k and i think it needed some attention to the gearbox - the lever was very very stiff. Otherwise it wasnt doing too badly.

Long term? Well................... its Mitsubishi stuff so should really be solid and last forever. Well I say should. I didnt want to take that gamble and sold mine.

Comment

Tony I think you are letting it off lightly, I seem to recall you having one problem or another every month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by madDan
                Tony I think you are letting it off lightly, I seem to recall you having one problem or another every month or so.
                Ish yes. But they had it in for a month and it was sorted out finally.

Comment

The question has to be asked, once the warranty runs out on the car how long will people be happy with these little features happening?

Comment

My forfour is on 26,000 at the moment, and fingers very much crossed, not much has gone wrong... only air-con issue, and dodgy gearchange (sorted out with software).

Comment

I get disturbed by stories of forfours being in the garage for a month to sort them out. It seems not enough garages really know what they're doing with them. I must say I feel a bit edgy now the manufacturer's warranty has gone.

Comment

Mine's up next month, thought about taking out an aftermarket one with the company we use when we sell Smarts!

TBH it's just the gearbox that's a real problem, and as it's manifested itself within warranty if the haven't fixed it by end of waranty it'll still go back & I'm not paying!

Kate

Comment

Do I win with 79,000 miles and rising rapidly on an X reg 4Two?

69,0000 miles were done in last 3 years.

No mods (let's assume Merc knew what they were doing) and a daily 70 miles round trip commute at just over 60mpg.

Biggest problem so far has been a spate of the side airbag warning light coming on again and again, and errr, ummm, well, Oh, the radio is buggered and the aircon needs a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Orange
                            Do I win with 79,000 miles and rising rapidly on an X reg 4Two?
                            Err nope cos this is a forfour thread!

and my S reg city coupe is on around 85,000 miles!

Kate

Comment

My opinion of aftermarket warranties is they're not worth the paper they're printed on. Especially after having taken one of the biggest players to arbritration and getting them forced to pay me £1000 plus interest for a vauxhall gearbox overhaul.
                              I'd love to know the percentage of forfours hitting trouble.
                              Trouble is as we know Mercedes labour charges are high and getrag gearboxes don't come cheap and they won't supply spares.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X