No announcement yet.

Decat or sports-cat a Brabus forfour ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decat or sports-cat a Brabus forfour ?

Seeing as the Brabus forfour has 2 cat converters (1 right by the engine & 1 near end of exhaust) this is no doubt causing a large restriction on the flow through the exhaust.

There seems to be losts of stories about how the forfour's ECU does not like any messing with the engine or it will throw a wobbly (i.e. fit a dump valve & sends the car into limp mode etc..). so I guess to decat the exhaust at both points would not be ok as no doubt the ECU won't like it.

What about if it was just decatted / sports catted at the rear most one, do you reckon it's likely to cause problems?

to get better flow going through the exhaust has surely gotta improve the BHP / torque ?

Re: Decat or sports-cat a Brabus forfour ?

What a thing to worry about at 45mins to Christmas Day!

Talk to Murph from smartarse, he's in bed with Janspeed who wanted a BRABUS forfour as a testbed car.

Comment

I was bored coz i'm waiting for my Indian takeaway to arrive so I thought i'd post the question.

Yeah may have to get in touch with Murph about this, I do love the looks / sound of the Brabus exhaust but if I can get a better flowing exhaust to improve the horsepower & torque then i'm all for it. Especially if this supposed nearly ready Brabus remap see's the light of day soon.

Comment

speak to POWERFLOW

Comment

Have a chat to AndyGBrabus, he has a powerflow on his Brab forfour.

I have the Remus back box on my CDi but the mid section is the same as the Brab & 1.5 petrol. The Brab back box did make a bit of difference to Gav's 1.3 but he did also fit the larger diameter mid section so it would fit!

Kate

Comment

Powerflow are very well kown for making custom exhausts to ones off the shelf. Very well respected by other car clubs for making exhausts that count for cars.... huge experience and developments for certain car models.

Also you can get the style you want !

If you do de-cat the exhaust expect an ecu light to come on the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
              Powerflow are very well kown for making custom exhausts to ones off the shelf. Very well respected by other car clubs for making exhausts that count for cars.... huge experience and developments for certain car models.

Also you can get the style you want !

If you do de-cat the exhaust expect an ecu light to come on the dash.
              So if I was to get them to make a Decatted exhaust it'll most probably send the ECU funny then ? , on the other hand if I have a sports catted exhaust made then that should not give me any problems with the ECU but give a little extra power ?

Comment

I'd have thought a sports-cat would be fine, that's what Richard fits to the Blindy exhausts and they work fine on fortwos & roadies!

As I said have a chat with AndyG, he's on forfourowner.

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                  So if I was to get them to make a Decatted exhaust it'll most probably send the ECU funny then ? , on the other hand if I have a sports catted exhaust made then that should not give me any problems with the ECU but give a little extra power ?

you just have to make sure the sensor in the exhaust is confused into thinking there is a CAT present when it is not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X