Upgraded brake discs & pads ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded brake discs & pads ??

The brakes on the Brabus are pretty decent as is & stops me in double quick time but i'm thinking of :

1 : changing to better brake pads as the stock ones throw out too much brake dust, can anone recommend a decent but less brake dust pad ?

2 : I reckon a set of "drilled brake discs" (those the ones with holes in them I assume?) would look awesome shining through the Brabus alloys, can anyone recommend a set of drilled brake discs?

Also what is the situation with fitting larger sized brake discs? , I don't mean anything to extreme but a bit larger than the standard brabus ones? , can you only fit the same size as the stock or you able to fit slightly bigger ?

Many thanks

Phil

Re: Upgraded brake discs & pads ??

Hi Phil

I know the EBC green stuff brake pads fit the forfour, EBC part numbers are:

Rear DP21076
    Front DP21045

The front pads do also fit on a Mitsu Carisma/Spacestar or a Volvo S40/V40, the rear pads on a Volvo S40/V40.

A set of rears from EBC cost about £40, Fronts £62.

The EBC discs for the Volvo S40/V40 should fit, but contact Kate at Wellsmart as I know she has some fitted to her forfour.

Jace

Comment

I had a set of RedDot ones fitted to my BRABUS. They were quite good!

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
        I had a set of RedDot ones fitted to my BRABUS. They were quite good!
        Any links to online sellers ?

Cheers

Phil

Comment

Just an Idea stolen from the Biking world....replace all rubber brake lines with micro bore lines and use synthetic brake fluid.

reason being microbore does not expand like ordinary brake hose and synthetic fluid does not boil at as lower temp as dot 3/4 dont drill vented disks it will wear the pads out really quick.

use organic pads.

Comment

Organic pads? What no fertiliser?!!!

Comment

Your best bet is to install EBC green stuff pads, I have them fitted to my 4-2, they produce little to no dust so your wheels look good for longer, you may find that fitting drilled or grooved discs will increase brake noise. I have a set of 'Rotor Discs fitted to my 4-2 & when braking from hi speed make quite a noticable noise. Most brake pads are designed to work in a heat range that is worked out during normal driving conditions, don't fit higher temp pads on a road car, these pads will only start to work properly at a temp that you may never get to driving on normal roads! Also, be aware that after heavy braking from high speed (when coming off the motorway at a junction) don't keep your foot on the brake pedal while at a standstill as this keeps the heat in one area on the disc & can lead to a warped disc or even worse if the disc is worn it has been known to lead to disc cracking due to thermal shock especially when the disc is made from cast iron.
              Drilled or grooved discs can alter the heat range of the disc due to the cooling properties so you may need to match pads with the new discs, what ever you do always fit new pads when fitting new discs!
              Hope this helps

Comment

oh for the days when you could get pads with asbestos in them, sod saving the planet they were much better than todays standard pads

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X