Better quality speakers ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better quality speakers ?

The overall sound quality in the Brabus isn't too bad but you can tell the speakers are a bit pish.

My rear passenger speaker has now developed a fault & is constantly crackling, all the other speakers are fine. I could take it to smart to get it fixed under warranty but to be honest I was gonna look at fitting some better speakers anyway.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what size speakers I need?, Ideally I'm after a set I can do a straight forward replace (I had read that some brands of speakers do not allow the originl speaker grill to go back on but I would like to keep the car looking tidy so being able to put the speaker grills back on would be ideal?

Cheers

Re: Better quality speakers ?

13cm co-axials will do the job nicely... I'd recommend infinity speakers, but you have to change the grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieKat
      13cm co-axials will do the job nicely... I'd recommend infinity speakers, but you have to change the grilles.
      Cool , do you know of any brands that'll fit & allow the speaker grill to go back on ?

Comment

You'd need to find some fairly shallow ones, have a look on www.caraudiodirect.com and search for ones less than 56mm deep, that should fit alright. The infinities did fit with the standard grilles over them, but the tweeter was touching the grille and made a buzzing noise.

Comment

I ofund some decent Sony's at my local car pace so thinking of getting those as the look nice & shallow, the only thing i'm not sure about is that i'm sure I read somewhere that the mounting brackets on aftermarket speakers are different than the smart ones ?

Comment

iv got sony X plod things our what evert here called, great sound in smart bins for around £35.Iv been asked in the past if iv a bass speaker in the car they work that well..Better add vermaak set my car up for me so may have something to do with great sound
            Last edited by S2trash; 07-01-07, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I've got JBL components in my roadie and you can still put the speaker covers back on.

Comment

Yea i 2nd the JBL components, I have them too, amazing sound and they fit

the standard brabus speakers are AWFUL! like the carboard from some cornflakes packets, a complete joke

Comment

My original smart speakers were used as frizbys when they came out, flew better than they soundid

Comment

but is the mounting fittings in a roadster / fortwo / forfour all the same ?

I think it was Badgers pdf guide that shows the aftermarket speakers have the mounting brackets in the wrong place & he had to make new holes for them to fit, ideally I would like to just swap them straight over without creating new holes.

Comment

on the roadie you have to cut of one of the mounting legs to the aftermarket speakers to, but the rest are fine and fit ih the orignal mounting holes, maybe its the smae on the fortwo

Comment

Well I finally changed the front speakers for some Sony Xplod speakers & what a pain in the backside they were.

Mounting legs had to be cut off, extra screw hole created in the door.

Was worth it in the end though coz it sounds alot better now.

Comment

did you put dynomat behind the speaker?

im even considering removing the speakers, putting in dynomat and then putting the orig's back in, cause ive found that at high volumes, everything just rattles

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X