Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the dump valve sound supposed to be so quiet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the dump valve sound supposed to be so quiet?

just fitted a dv (with chalkys mod) to my roadster, i can hardly hear the noise it makes, i have to listen really hard to hear it and then its like a little tiny mouse is sneezing! the wastegate sound is louder! i've been told that the valve because its new will free up a bit as its used, but i expected to be able to hear it! is it supposed to be THAT quiet?
    Last edited by razorsharp192; 08-01-07, 08:12 PM.

Re: is the dump valve sound supposed to be so quiet?

what type is it

Comment

its a Wiltec dv

Comment

i've got a forge dv, and i've noticed that as the car is driven and engine warms up the noise getts louder, but then a gain i haven't got that mod to it. I also think that the diaphram dv like the forge one or louder anyway.

Comment

is yours noticeable? like when you're driving people can hear it? i doubt mine makes any noise at all!

Comment

yes, its very loud infact

Comment

Originally posted by brighty
              yes, its very loud infact

where'd you get yours from? how much was it? quite liked the thought of the sound!

Comment

got mine from smarts r us, cus there only 5mins away, i think it cost £120

Comment

but i don't use it now so its just sitting in my garage collecting dust

Comment

The wiltec ones seem to be very quiet at first and the restrictor will only make it quieter. DV's only make noise because they are pushing compressed air over a fixed object. The wiltec is quite open at the outlet which will probably be one of the reasons that they are quieter than normal piston or diaphram DVs.

My new forge one is a single piston type so i'm hoping it will be louder.
                    Unfortunately fitting a DV to a silicone T piece just won't fit if you have a venom/viper as teh ECU is pushed about 2" further over, this takes up the room that the DV normal sits in.

I have worked on a solution and came up with an idea, just waiting for something to be delivered so I can test it. As soon as I do, i'll let you know how loud the restricted Forge actually is.

Comment

eviloution you could try the way i did with my viper and ecu mounted bracket....had my top I/C pipe sent to chalky had him put a spout with 12mm restircor put on....i then bought a 180degree silcone hose of 25mm diameter, cut about 2-3inches off one end to put onto the spout thanks to chalky and the other end of the tube ends up near the chassis where it goes straight to the dumpvalve (parallel with the I/C pipe.

Comment

Nice idea, close to what I was thinking.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X