Brabus Forfour Service ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brabus Forfour Service ?

So how many people have had thr 6,250miles oil & filter change done on their Brabus Forfour ? .........

I did

Re: Brabus Forfour Service ?

Me as well, coming up 3 times now - each one costing me £135....

Comment

Originally posted by onepixeldeep
      Me as well, coming up 3 times now - each one costing me £135....
      Smart of Norwich charged £60+oil

Comment

Wellsmart charged me £60 all in iirc. smart of Bristol only charged £250 for a B service with new plugs (and they're meant to be expensive).

Now guys, your bonus question. Whats the service interval?
        (i'll explain later)

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
          Wellsmart charged me £60 all in iirc. smart of Bristol only charged £250 for a B service with new plugs (and they're meant to be expensive).

Now guys, your bonus question. Whats the service interval?
          (i'll explain later)
          I would rather have an official smart service stamp on a new car, always gives best possible vlaue if you were to sell.

The process I'm happy with service is:

a) Oil filter change every 6,250mile
          b) The Service meter is not to be re-set on the oil changes, but it keeps running so a FULL service is done circa 15,000/16,000miles

Anything short of this will not help the Brabus Engine.

Comment

However, when I had oil changes it seemed to extend the service interval on the dash.

I was told it was like this: Oil change every 6k, service as per the dash but if they dont happen at the same time then do an A or B service without an oil change.............

To be honest when you buy a car that loses 50% of its value in 18months, a stamp in the service book isnt going to make a huge difference - esp for just an oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT
              However, when I had oil changes it seemed to extend the service interval on the dash.

I was told it was like this: Oil change every 6k, service as per the dash but if they dont happen at the same time then do an A or B service without an oil change.............

To be honest when you buy a car that loses 50% of its value in 18months, a stamp in the service book isnt going to make a huge difference - esp for just an oil change.
              Thats odd, my recent oil change has done nothing to extend the service due indication.

As far as i am aware its not like b,w which monitors the oil quality to advise when needs a change...... but this would be much more helpful!

Bad luck losing 50% of capital value in depreciation. It will be no consilation that other owners will not have the same fate.

I wonder how many onwers/smart demo cars have not had the 6,000miles oil change? I wonder is it will be an easy cavat for smart to stop warranty claims.

Comment

Mine used to extend its interval with new oil, somewhere I made notes cos I thought it was me going mad.

I dont think that oil change is of great importance anyway, the Colt CZT doesnt need one, but a service at 12k. There isnt a huge difference between the two despite what smart would want you to believe. Even at the basic figures its somewhere just under 20% more power. I dont think that warrants servicing twice as often.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X