Fast Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Launch

Anyone mastered a fast launch (from standstil) in their brabus?

as in how many rev's, clutch relase etc.

Re: Fast Launch

no1?????????? (needed 10 characters)

Comment

you are such a rev head Beau

...sorry had to reply just to get you going :p

Comment

let me know if you find out coz a fast launch in a Brabus forfour usually ends up with loads of wheel spinning.

Comment

........and if you really get enthusiastic, the traction control takes over and it feels and sounds as though you're wrecking the transmission!!
          :eek:

Comment

gorpork you are such a rev head Beau

...sorry had to reply just to get you going
            hahah like any 17 y.o male, the cars got power, i wanna know how to get the most out of it without f**** it up lol

kaizer let me know if you find out coz a fast launch in a Brabus forfour usually ends up with loads of wheel spinning.
            almost got it lol

Brabster ........and if you really get enthusiastic, the traction control takes over and it feels and sounds as though you're wrecking the transmission!!
            then its not a fast launch is it?

almost found the point of where the wheels are just about to spin but dont (which means no traction cntrl and a fast take off) is been raining the past week so just putting my foot down slightly fast will 'get'em spinin' lol

ohh the joys of driving

Comment

dont bother with 1st gear, its best to keep rolloing in 2nd gear then full throttle.

I love the gear ratios (just right) on the brabus 44, nearly 100mph in 3rd & 125mph in 4th....... great stuff ......5th is exciting also.

It would help if you had some extra tyre on the front to gives you better grip.......the standard brabus tyre/wheel setup is pooh

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns View Post
                dont bother with 1st gear, its best to keep rolloing in 2nd gear then full throttle.

I love the gear ratios (just right) on the brabus 44, nearly 100mph in 3rd & 125mph in 4th....... great stuff ......5th is exciting also.

It would help if you had some extra tyre on the front to gives you better grip.......the standard brabus tyre/wheel setup is pooh
                When you say nearly 100mph in 3rd what speed exactly coz the highest I got was about 85 / 90mph in 3rd & that at about 65000rpm?

Comment

100mph in third is correct I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer View Post
                    When you say nearly 100mph in 3rd what speed exactly coz the highest I got was about 85 / 90mph in 3rd & that at about 65000rpm?
                    you have a slow one .................

Comment

no seriously a few people have been saying it was capable of 100mph in 3rd but I just can't see how.

As I say I've had about 87mph tops in 3rd gear & that was at 6500rpm with barely anything left so I can't see how the last 500rpm on the dial would bring in about 13mph more to take it to 100mph.

I know each car / engine is different but that was seem a large difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer View Post
                        no seriously a few people have been saying it was capable of 100mph in 3rd but I just can't see how.

As I say I've had about 87mph tops in 3rd gear & that was at 6500rpm with barely anything left so I can't see how the last 500rpm on the dial would bring in about 13mph more to take it to 100mph.

I know each car / engine is different but that was seem a large difference.
                        thats 100mph indicated clock speed. Just out of interest did your brabus have the 6,200mile oil/filter change?

Also did you get yours brand new? I drove mine with traditional run methods.... not over 3,000rpm for the first 500miles and then no more than 4,500rpm until 1,000miles......after that its

Comment

It doesn't matter how it's been run in. If one does 87mph@6.5K in 3rd, they ALL do that. Assuming they all have the same gear box and wheels of course.

Comment

Originally posted by bus_ter View Post
                            It doesn't matter how it's been run in. If one does 87mph@6.5K in 3rd, they ALL do that. Assuming they all have the same gear box and wheels of course.
                            And now you are the master of Brabus forfour...... we bow to your knowledge.

Could Kaiser smart have a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bus_ter View Post
                              The wheels make quite a bit of difference...

If you have 18" alloys compaired to 15" alloys then your speed will be higher, but you acceleration will be lower.

I know there's a large difference when it comes to acceleration anyway....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X