Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattles and ipod

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and the world of Smart and it's great to be a member. I have a 44 Brabus and what a car - best kept secret in the motoring world i'd say!!

Couple of issues though - does anyone else's car have rattles? I've only done 4k miles and i have them from the rear bench and behind the dash. The dealer's tried to fix them twice but to no avail so i'm asking if there are any known cures if it's a common problem. I wouldn't normally put up with it but i absolutely love the way the car drives - just begging to be taken by the scruff of the neck at any given opportunity!!

Also, the ipod connection issue. It's been discussed before and i've read those threads but no solution yet. I have the Audio 6 and CD changer. Now this audio 6 is the same as the Mercedes Audio 20 in the Mercedes C,E, CLK and probably other mercedes models i'm sure. Now in these cars the mercedes ipod kit fully integrates the ipod with the car through the auxillary input still allowing use of the changer. Our computer seems the same as those in a mercedes and the head unit is the same so why the compatibility issues (i haven't verified there are any compatibility issues; this is what the dealer has told me)?? You do need the newer head unit so that when you press and hold CDC the display must read 'AUX INPUT ACTIVE'; which mine has. The garage staff are clueless so i was wondering if anyone here had looked into this and got an answer that explains the situation a little more. I really miss having ipod connectivity in my car so a solution would be great.

Sorry to have gone on a bit, cheers

Re: Rattles and ipod

Will the real Mr T please stand up :thanx:

Oh my! Mr T, your voice has changed

Comment

I pitty the fool.

Comment

I'd sod the ipod connectivity, but try a line from the headphone socket to the AUX(illery in) on the head unit.

have you seen the back of the head unit yet? I've done what I mentioned to you, took an aux to my psp works fine.
        as for rattles, would have to hear em, I'd look at the air vents first call, dunno about the back.

smart meet in february.

cheers, welcome...and yes I also, pity the fool!

Comment

Hi & welcome to the funky world of Smart.

I don't know anything about the 44 audio system!
          Just thought i'd say hello.:goodlk:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X