Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install HID on 44 Brabus

Hi,

I got a problem on installing HID on 44 Brabus.

When I switch on the HID during the Engine is on, sometimes the engine will go down and engine light will on as well and there is a message on the panel "Cooler temp too high".

Have anyone got this problem before?

Masir

Re: Install HID on 44 Brabus

Your HID kit is draining too much power and the intercooler fan is slowing? That's what it sounds like from the description.

Comment

This is exactly what I had with mine, you need to wire the HID units direct to the battery via a relay. That takes about 99% of it away.

Comment

alternativley you can just press unlock twice on your remote fob to turn on the headlights before you get in the car (smart call it the coming home lights, turns on headlights for 10 secs) , then when you get in the car & start the engine & turn on the headlights you don't get the stalling problem.

That's how I do it & it works fine, I'm a tight git & not paying the £100 my local auto electrician wants to charge to wire direct to the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieKat View Post
          Your HID kit is draining too much power and the intercooler fan is slowing? That's what it sounds like from the description.
          The HIDs will use LESS power than conventional bulbs, but I suspect it is the electrical spike when they first flicker on which the ignitors cause to light up the HID's.
          hence why kaizers solution works.
          if you wire from the battery, this spike won't be going through the loom, so that should explain why that works too :smile:

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT View Post
            This is exactly what I had with mine, you need to wire the HID units direct to the battery via a relay. That takes about 99% of it away.
            Yes, I have wired the HID units direct to the battery via a relay already.
            But it still happening (10 times I will got 1 time 10%). It is very dangerous to turn on the light when I am driving.

If we get the power via battery directly, suppose it is working. How come it still have chance to happen?.......
            Last edited by masir; 12-02-07, 10:17 AM.

Comment

What I used to do was drive with them on all the time, so my automatic lights didnt come on at a low rev situation (when it was more likely to "die" for a moment). I never got to the bottom of the problem and I dont have the car anymore. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT View Post
                What I used to do was drive with them on all the time, so my automatic lights didnt come on at a low rev situation (when it was more likely to "die" for a moment). I never got to the bottom of the problem and I dont have the car anymore. Sorry.
                Thanks for your suggestion

Comment

Where have you taken our ground from, as I too had this when using the Headlight wiring, so completely bi-passed the headlight wiring with relay's and once I had done this with both the positive and the ground, works fine.

Comment

so what kit do i need and where from??

HIDS4U want me to buy the ultimate H7 kit which has the digital ballasts designed to draw less and to not flag up headlight failure to the ECU!!??

any of this make sence??

I really want a set but don't wanna jump in without doing some digging!!

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

The lamp failure to ECU thing is just a resistance in the circuit to make the ECU believe there is a filament in the lamp.

The cheaper HID sets are OK, but be prepared to replace them, they tend to lose intensity.

I have removed the HIDs from my roadster due to them being unreliable, and I know I'm not the only one.

PIAA plasma spark bulbs are pretty close to HIDs in lit appearance, and if it's more light you want, then take a look at Osram Nightbreakers or Silverstars, the Nightbreakers are very slightly whiter than the Silverstars.

Comment

i have PIAA plasma sparks on my fortwo but i fancy HID's on my forfour!!

the hids4u set are £250 which is a lot of money but i'm prepared to pay that - just don't wanna waste my money!!

JJ

Comment

£250....
                          Cheap.
                          Mine were 850Euros and they dont cause ANY problems
                          Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
                          STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
                          TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Yep, £250 are still 'cheap' ones.

Comment

some kits are under £100 - thats cheap!!

so, what is your advice to me??

JJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X