Brabus Forfour engine fan ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brabus Forfour engine fan ?

Dont know if you brabus forfour owners have noticed but the engine cooling fan on the car stops when the engine is switched off.

I was really suprised by this as after (fast) long runs I leave the car 2/3 mins to cool down and slow the turbo.

The fan works at this point, but unlike many other turbo cars soon as you turn the ignition off the fan stops also.

Abit odd, i would have thought the fan would ahve continued for a couple of minutes after??????

zorro

Re: Brabus Forfour engine fan ?

Is there a way to get the fan to stay on for a short time after or is controlled by the ECU ?

Comment

You could put in a manual override switch fairly easily, just don't leave it running overnight...

My old and rather slow 1.4 focus used to keep the fan running when the ignition was off. My forfour passion doesn't keep the fan running, I guess it's just how they were designed.

Comment

But you would've though that would be something that is needed for the car so seems strange they've not done it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer View Post
          But you would've though that would be something that is needed for the car so seems strange they've not done it.
          yes, i agree for hte brabus 44! just means i leave the car running for 5mins after fast runs. then switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns View Post
            i would have thought the fan would ahve continued for a couple of minutes after??????
            I don't see why, if you had an electric coolant pump that ran on as well then I could understand it but whats the point of having the coolant rad fan running if the coolant isn't flowing?

5 minute cool down sounds a bit excesive on a water cooled turbo but if you are happy to idle your engine for 5 minutes then that up to you.

Comment

darn was going to say the same thing, water is flowed by the engine water pump so seem pointless.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X