My speedo buttons just got better ;-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My speedo buttons just got better ;-)

Well guys, after having the "melting" problem (LINK) - I've found the cure!
    No need to buy a complete instrument cluster... There IS a possibility to get ONLY the buttons!!
    After several emails and numerous contacts, I've recieved it today in the mail...

These are the old ones:

And these are the new ones:

If anyone's wondering, it's from Nikky @ smarttune... £5.10 (plus £4 S&H to me in Israel), and I'm all set

Cheers lads!!
    Last edited by RacingSnake; 26-03-12, 02:24 PM. Reason: link removed (advertising)

Re: My speedo buttons just got better ;-)

Nice!

Comment

Sure is

Comment

great result - well done!

is this a readily available part or they just happened to have these on a shelf??

did they come in a little smart bag with a part number?

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Hmmm... James (smartsparky) gave me the OEM number on the "melting" thread, which is Q0014897V002000000.
          On one of several emails sent to Nikky, I've asked about these buttons and she said they have them available...
          I got it in a plastic bag, not with a "smart" logo nor OEM on it, but as you can see from the pics - they're the same.
          You might be surprised, but I've found out that parts for the Speedo can be ordered separately to each of your needs:

Comment

good work

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Cheers, James

Comment

I actually found one of those under the passenger seat today - took the seats out to dry the carpet :-(

What I need now is the little plastic cover that it fits into - sort of half a circle, with the 3 holes for the buttons to poke through, then clips on to the top of the speedo pod. Don't suppose anybody has a part number for that?

Regards

Andy.

Comment

Shiny, I don't have the OEM right now, but I found it for £24.15 at smart-parts-direct... Here it is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X